Sunday, May 19, 2013

NYC FLOWER DISTRICT

The focus of my visit to New York  last week was the FLOWER DISTRICT on West 28th between 6th and 7th Avenues . I needed a strong dose of visual inspiration for myself and the shop.  Even though this area has been shrinking  over the years it continues to be an oasis in a city dominated by vast expanses of  cement and stone. The visual contrast between the rather harsh surfaces and angles of the high-rise architecture with the extraordinary natural beauty of the flowers is quite powerful. After taking hundreds of photos of  flowers and greenery I decided to use them along with architectural images (that I did not take but selected from Pinterest) to demonstrate the rather obvious differences between the man-made and the natural world.



































































































No comments:

Post a Comment