Tuesday, July 24, 2012

ARTFUL ABUNDANCE

While visiting the Dupont Circle Farmers Market this past Sunday my first impression was that I had walked into a Dutch still life painting. I was immediately struck by the sheer abundance of Mid Summer fruits vegetables and flowers not to mention the colors and textures. It was visual perfection. The standouts for me were the indescribable 'Golden Beets' and the giant heirloom tomatoes - each one with its own unique personality. And of course I can't leave out the amazing variety of mushrooms with their one of a kind shapes and surfaces. The following photographs attempt to capture a bit of my experience.
Lovely Lisianthus
Ripe Juicy Plums
'Golden Beets' In Their Perfect Basket
A Mushroom Village
Heirloom Tomato With A Personality



No comments:

Post a Comment